My name is Andrea Vaccaro, I am a freelancer with more than twenty years of work experience, and I have worked since the beginning of my activity in business services, consultancy and inspection services in the industrial, energy and civil fields.
For three years, as GE Oil&Gas Nuovo Pignone employee, then become Baker Hughes a GE Company, I held the role of “Supplier Quality Inspector. Lead Supplier Quality Inspection Specialist" and I was the reference point of “Fabrication” (industrial sector) of Central / Southern Italy.
I worked as Inspections Specialist ensuring control of products and processes at supplier’s plants. As specialist, I also witnessed ITP/QCP critical inspections at suppliers’ factories to avoid escaping defects and ensuring full control of vendors/suppliers. My main goal has always been to try to minimize production problems and prevent any "Cost of Quality" during all product inspection phases.
For one year I held the role of "Quality Management System and Continuous Improvement Leader, Lead QA Engineer”, in the same company.
Except for four years that saw me engaged as an employee, I have always carried out my profession as a consultant, for national/international institutions, companies and inspection agencies.
Over the years I have received several hundred assignments related to: quality assurance/quality control, expediting activities, audits, inspections, final inspections, supplier surveillance, third part inspectors monitoring, paint inspections, pre-job meetings, welds inspections, welder surveillance.
For more than ten years my professional activity has been mainly dedicated to the inspection sector in order to:
- ensure that each phase of production was monitored by respecting the contractual deliveries with products that comply with the contractual and quality requirements requested by the customer.
- verify that the production processes were carried out in accordance with the internal procedures of the supplier and the contractual requirements of the customer.
- check the compliance of the products with the requirements of the codes, with the applicable standards and technical specifications, mentioned in the contract between the customer and the manufacturer.
- check the completeness of the supply.
- ensure the surveillance of welders to verify compliance with the requirements of the Welding Books (Welding Procedures WPS / PQR).
- contractual documentation review and revision of the applicable documentation.
- pre-inspection/job meeting.
- Supplier Inspection Plan Check.
- expediting activity.
- perform QA/QC Inspections.
- supervise third part inspector activities.
- train third part inspectors.
- conduct periodical audits.
- manage punch lists.
- oversee suppliers/vendors.
- witness inspections according to ITP/QCP requirements.
Integrity and customer’s voice are two of the strongest pillars of my profession.
I believe that my work can be compared to the "customer's eyes" at the manufacturer's site and to be supportive, even if proactive in working needs.
I work as mechanical inspector, available for assignments and projects.
My skills and knowledge have been developed in the inspection sector (with over three thousand assignments received) and in progress in my professional activity.
Over the years, I have deepened my professional training by attending courses and obtaining qualifications related to painting, welding, non-destructive testing, auditing techniques, site/workshop safety (such as NACE, NDTs methods, Welding Inspector …).
I am in continuous training in order to deepen and enhance my knowledge in order to guarantee an ever wider offer to the customer.